Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in the Middle Grade Genre

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

I know middle grade isn’t really a genre, but I was recently asked to come up with some off-the-beaten-track books that would suit readers of differing abilities in the 10-13 age range, and I thought the resulting mix would make a great Top Ten Tuesday list. I’d recommend a lot of these books to readers of all ages, but think they would be especially suited to young readers moving on from children’s books to the beginnings of YA.


1.         The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman


2.         A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness


3.         Wonder by RJ Palacio


4.         City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau


5.         Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo


6.         The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke 


7.         Four Kids, Three Cats, Two Cows,One Witch (Maybe) by Siobhán             Parkinson


8.         OMG! Is This Actually My Life? by Rae Earl


9.         This Journal Belongs to Ratchetby Nancy J. Cauvanagh


10.       Eragon by Christopher Paolini


What do you think? Are there any lesser-known middle grade books you think should be added to the list? Let us know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. I loved Eragon, The Thief Lord and especially Wonder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love # 1 and # 2 sooooo much!! And Eragon the book (let's not talk about the movie) is amazing too!!

    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...